Brian M. Higgins
- Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Office Sought:
- US House, NY
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Brian M. Higgins
Brian Higgins (born October 6, 1959) is the U.S. Representative for New York's 27th congressional district, serving since 2005. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district includes the southern two-thirds of Buffalo proper, most of that city's eastern and southern suburbs, and all of Chautauqua County.
Campaign Finance$1,105,717 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,105,717 #324 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,371,055 #230 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $369,690 #125 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Sept. 19, 2014
- Breakfast Reception at Schaeffer Strategies
July 15, 2014
- Dinner at Bobby Van's Grill
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $3,600,000 Calspan Corporation (Higgins, Slaughter) Piasecki Aircraft Corporation (Andrews, Brady, Castle, Sestak): X-49A Envelope Expansion Modifications 2010 $2,400,000 Surmet Precision Optics Corporation: Aluminum Oxy-Nitride and Spinal Optical Ceramics 2010 $2,240,000 Luvata Buffalo (Higgins), Luvata Franklin (Whitfield), Luvata Grenada (Childers), and U.S. Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (Arcuri): Infectious and Airborne Pathogen Reduction 2010 $2,000,000 Roswell Park Cancer Institute: Advanced Cancer Genome Institute 2010 $1,600,000 Moog, Inc. (Harman, Lee): Quiet Drive Advanced Rotary Actuator - 2010 $1,245,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Monroe County, NY 2010 $1,000,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Oneida County ,NY 2010 $1,000,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Wayne County , NY 2010 $1,000,000 Chautauqua County Dunkirk Airport runway construction, NYRequested by 2010 $800,000 Carleton Technologies Inc.: Microclimate Cooling Unit for Ml Abrams Tank