Brian M. Higgins
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, NY
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Brian M. Higgins
Brian Higgins (born October 6, 1959) is the U.S. Representative for New York's 27th congressional district, serving since 2005. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district includes the southern two-thirds of Buffalo proper, most of that city's eastern and southern suburbs, and all of Chautauqua County.
Campaign Finance$5,716,504 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Feb. 13, 2015
- Breakfast at Old Ebbitt Grill
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $4,000,000 Unmanned Threat Emitter (UMTE) Modernization 2009 $4,000,000 ALON and Spinel Optical Ceramics 2010 $3,600,000 Calspan Corporation (Higgins, Slaughter) Piasecki Aircraft Corporation (Andrews, Brady, Castle, Sestak): X-49A Envelope Expansion Modifications 2008 $3,100,000 Consolidate Sector Buffalo, NYRequested by 2009 $3,000,000 Sector Buffalo, NYRequested by 2009 $2,900,000 Preventing Long-Term Brain and Lung Damage Caused by Battlefield Trauma Project 2010 $2,400,000 Surmet Precision Optics Corporation: Aluminum Oxy-Nitride and Spinal Optical Ceramics 2008 $2,400,000 DRS Electronic Warfare and Network Systems, Atlantic Microwave, DRS Electronic Warfare and Network Systems, and DRS Electronic Warfare and Network Systems: Combat Training Ranges -- Unmanned Threat Emitter Modernization 2010 $2,240,000 Luvata Buffalo (Higgins), Luvata Franklin (Whitfield), Luvata Grenada (Childers), and U.S. Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (Arcuri): Infectious and Airborne Pathogen Reduction 2009 $2,157,000 Great Lakes Fishery and Ecosystem Restoration, MIRequested by
- George V. Voinovich (R-OH),
- Phil English (R-PA),
- John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI),
- Vernon J. Ehlers (R-MI),
- Brian M. Higgins (D-NY),
- Norm Coleman (R-MN),
- Gwen Moore (D-WI),
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones (D-OH),
- Carl Levin (D-MI),
- Tim Walberg (R-MI),
- John D. Dingell (D-MI),
- Dale E. Kildee (D-MI),
- Melissa Bean (D-IL),
- Sander Levin (D-MI),
- and Deborah Ann Stabenow (D-MI)