- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, WA
Brian Norton Baird (born March 7, 1956) is a former U.S. Representative for Washington's 3rd congressional district, serving from 1999 until 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district comprises the counties of Thurston, Lewis, Pacific, Wahkiakum, Cowlitz, Clark, and Skamania.
Campaign Finance$5,747,123 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $19,662,000 Columbia & Lower Willamette River Below Vancouver, WA & Portland, OR 2008 $14,820,000 Columbia River at the Mouth 2009 $14,223,000 Columbia River at the Mouth, WA & OR 2009 $6,543,000 John Day Lock & Dam, WA & OR 2010 $4,780,000 Duro Textiles (Reed), WL Gore & Associates (Castle, Kratovil, Carper, Kaufman, Mikulski), and Outdoor Research (Baird, McDermott, Murray): Special Operations Forces Modular Glove System 2010 $4,000,000 University of Washington: Puget Sound Ecosystem Research Initiative at the University of Washington 2008 $4,000,000 Medical Advanced Technology -- Limb Tissue Regeneration after Battlefield Injuries using Bone Marrow Stem Cells 2009 $3,200,000 Low-Signature Modular Weapon Platform 2009 $3,000,000 Limb Tissue Regeneration after Battlefield Injuries using Bone Marrow Stem Cells 2008 $2,952,000 Puget Sound and Adjacent Waters Restoration