- Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Brad Sherman
SHERMAN, Brad, a Representative from California; born in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, Calif., October 24, 1954; attended Mark Kepple High School, Alhambra, Calif., and Corona del Mar High School, Newport Beach, Calif.; B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, Calif., 1974; J.D., Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Mass., 1979; lawyer, private practice; certified public accountant; member, California State Board of Equalization, 1990-1995, chair, 1991-1995; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Fifth and to the eight succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1997-present).
Campaign Finance$3,199,835 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Brad Sherman Download all independent expenditures for or against Brad Sherman
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $3,199,835 #29 of 724 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $6,372,614 #7 of 724 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $47,778 #336 of 724 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Assn of RealtorsSupport $2,994,134 National Association Of Realtors Congressional FundSupport $1,873,734
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event April 7, 2013
- Brunch at Home of Jamie and Chuck Meyer
March 6, 2013
- Reception at National Democratic Club Townhouse
Feb. 21, 2013
- Debt Retirement Dinner Reception with Kitty and Gov. Michael Dukakis at The Home of Michael Mahdesian