- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, LA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Bobby Jindal
Piyush Amrit "Bobby" Jindal (born June 10, 1971) is the 55th and current Governor of Louisiana and formerly a member of the United States House of Representatives. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$4,234,997 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $17,100,000 Calcasieu River and Pass 2008 $11,840,000 Ouachita and Black Rivers 2008 $11,809,000 J. Bennett Johnston Waterway 2008 $11,400,000 Atchafalaya River and Bayous Chene, Boeuf and Black 2008 $10,000,000 Northrop Grumman: Information Technology Development -- SPAWAR System Center ITC 2008 $9,800,000 4th Brigade 10th Mountain Division Headquarters Facility 2008 $7,872,000 Comite River Diversion Canal 2008 $3,936,000 Morganza to the Gulf 2008 $2,800,000 Textron Inc: Armored Security Behicles (ASV) -- Armored Security Vehicle, M-1117 Guardian ASV Turret Upgrades 2008 $2,500,000 3001, Inc.: N/A -- China Geospatial Data Project