- Latest Office Held:
- US House, AL
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, AL
Bobby Neal Bright, Sr. (born July 21, 1952) is an American politician who served as U.S. Representative for Alabama's 2nd congressional district from 2009 to 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district includes just over half of the state capital, Montgomery, as well as most of the Wiregrass Region in the southeastern part of the state. Bright is the first Mayor of Montgomery to be elected to Congress. In November 2010, he was defeated by Republican Martha Roby, a Montgomery City Councilwoman.
Campaign Finance$2,375,977 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $4,000,000 Lockheed Martin: Javelin Warhead Improvement Program 2010 $1,748,000 Detection and Food Safety, AL 2010 $1,170,000 AVIM Hangar 2010 $1,000,000 McQueen Smith Road Expansion, Prattville, AL 2010 $800,000 Farm Deployable Microbial Bioreactor for Fuel Ethanol Production 2010 $500,000 City of Montgomery, Montgomery, Al: City of Montgomery and Montgomery County Interoperable Upgrades 2010 $500,000 City of Dothan, AL: City of Dothan, AL, Demolition, planning, design, and renovation of downtown business district 2010 $500,000 City of Dothan, Dothan, AL: Public Safety Emergency Communications System 2010 $500,000 Troy University, Troy, AL for facilities and equipment 2010 $500,000 Cleveland Avenue YMCA, Montgomery, AL: Cleveland Avenue YMCA