- Office Sought:
- US Senate, NE
Joseph Robert "Bob" Kerrey (born August 27, 1943) was the 35th Governor of Nebraska from 1983 to 1987 and a U.S. Senator from Nebraska (1989–2001). Having served in the Vietnam War, earning the Medal of Honor for his actions, he moved into politics. He was an unsuccessful candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1992. Since leaving the Senate he has served as president of The New School, a university in New York City. In May 2010, he was selected to become the head of the Motion Picture Association of America. But in July 2010, both Kerrey and the MPAA could not reach an agreement so he is no longer slated to be their president.
Campaign Finance$5,772,403 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $5,772,403 #34 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $5,662,682 #33 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $160,273 #22 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending American CrossroadsOppose $992,172 End The GridlockSupport $54,075 Susan B Anthony ListOppose $40,077 Faith Family Freedom FundOppose $21,000 Planned Parenthood Voters of NebraskaSupport $17,350 National Wildlife FederationSupport $12,500 Americans United 4 Life ActionOppose $7,225 FreedomWorksOppose $4,058 Freedomworks For AmericaOppose $4,058 Cooperative of American PhysiciansOppose $1,517
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals