- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Robert Earl Filner (born September 4, 1942) is the U.S. Representative for California's 51st congressional district, and previously the 50th, serving since 1993, and Chairman of the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs since 2007. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district is one of the most ethnically diverse in the nation, including much of San Diego's southern section, the cities of Chula Vista and National City and all of Imperial County. It includes most of California's border with Mexico, except for the city of Imperial Beach.
Campaign Finance$7,300,720 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $1,600,000 Critical Language Training, SDSU 2009 $1,350,000 County of San Diego, Sheriff: County of San Diego, Sheriff San Diego and Imperial Counties Regional Communications System Upgrade 2010 $1,200,000 San Diego County, San Diego, CA: Regional Communications System (RCS) Upgrade 2010 $1,000,000 University Park and Research Center In Chula Vista, CA 2009 $900,000 San Diego Formation aquifer mapping 2010 $800,000 Cubic Corp: AN/USQ-167 COMSEC Upgrade 2010 $738,000 California Department of Food and Agriculture: California County Pest Detection Import Inspection Program 2008 $738,000 City of Chula Vista - Alternative Fuels Pilot Project 2009 $712,500 Aten Road and Old County Road 111 Improvements, Imperial County, CA 2009 $693,000 California County Pest Detection Import Inspection Program, California Department of Food and Agriculture