- Latest Office Held:
- US House, PA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, PA
William Shuster (born January 10, 1960) is the U.S. Representative for Pennsylvania's 9th congressional district, serving since 2001. He is a member of the Republican Party. He is a son of former Congressman Bud Shuster.
Campaign Finance$7,200,092 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Sept. 12, 2013
- Afternoon Cruise at Capital Yacht Charters
- Hosted by:
- National Marine Manufacturers Association's Boat PAC
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $8,266,000 South Central Pennsylvania, PA 2009 $7,500,000 Upgrade Munition Igloos Phase 2 2009 $4,500,000 South Central Pa Environmental Infrastructure, PA 2009 $4,275,000 Flight 93 National Memorial, Public Lands Transportation Needs, PA 2010 $4,000,000 Flight 93 National Memorial, Transportation Improvements, Somerset 2010 $3,888,000 South Central Pennsylvania Environmental Improvement, PA 2009 $2,400,000 Rural Health (CERMUSA) (Note: To serve remote and rural military retiree populations) 2008 $2,400,000 All Terrain Lifting Army System -- All Terrain Lifter Army System II 2010 $2,000,000 Szanca Solutions, Inc.: Voice Recognition and Cross Platform Speech Interface System 2010 $1,600,000 Saint Francis University: Rural Health Center of Excellence for Remote and Medically Underserved Populations