- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, ID
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for William Sali
William Thomas "Bill" Sali (born February 17, 1954, in Portsmouth, Ohio) served a single term in the United States House of Representatives, representing Idaho's 1st congressional district from 2007 to 2009. Sali previously served in the Idaho Legislature as a member of the House.
Campaign Finance$1,755,566 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $4,841,000 Wood Utilization (OR, MS, NC, MN, ME, Ml, ID, TN, AK, WV)Requested by
- Gordon H. Smith (R-OR),
- Ted Stevens (R-AK),
- David Wu (D-OR),
- Ron Wyden (D-OR),
- David Price (D-NC),
- Larry Craig (R-ID),
- Mike Michaud (D-ME),
- Fred Upton (R-MI),
- Mike Crapo (R-ID),
- Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME),
- Mike Rogers (R-MI),
- Thad Cochran (R-MS),
- Bill Sali (R-ID),
- Carl Levin (D-MI),
- Robert C. Byrd (D-WV),
- David Vitter (R-LA),
- Earl Blumenauer (D-OR),
- Mary L. Landrieu (D-LA),
- Darlene Hooley (D-OR),
- Lamar Alexander (R-TN),
- Susan Collins (R-ME),
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN),
- Deborah Ann Stabenow (D-MI),
- Bob Etheridge (D-NC),
- Charles W. Pickering, Jr. (R-MS),
- and Allen (D-ME)
2009 $1,600,000 Evaluating ELF Signals in Maritime Environments 2008 $1,600,000 University of Idaho, Microelectronics Research and Communications Institute: Surface and Shallow Water Mine Countermeasures -- Evaluating ELF Signals in Maritime Environments 2009 $1,500,000 Acoustic Research Detachment Test Support Platform Upgrade 2009 $1,425,000 I-84 Improvements between Caldwell and Nampa, ID 2009 $1,000,000 Idaho Meth Project: Idaho Meth Project 2009 $1,000,000 AB-FIST Gunnery Trainer Upgrades for the ID ARNG 2008 $940,000 Boise State University: Medical Technology -- West Nile Virus Vaccine 2009 $603,000 Increasing Shelf life of Agricultural Commodities, ID 2008 $547,000 Barley for Rural Development, ID, MT