- Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Office Sought:
- US House, NY
William Lewis “Bill” Owens (born January 20, 1949) is the U.S. Representative for New York's 23rd congressional district, serving since the special election in 2009. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district, the state's largest and most rural, includes most of the North Country, as well as the northern suburbs of Syracuse.
Campaign Finance$1,934,874 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,934,874 #139 of 728 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,998,276 #125 of 728 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $15,447 #427 of 728 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Americans for Tax ReformOppose $1,125,924 National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $776,381 American Action NetworkOppose $16,930 Arda-RocSupport $10,198
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Feb. 14, 2013
- Valentine's Day Breakfast at Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar