- Office Sought:
- US House, IL
George William "Bill" Foster (born October 7, 1955) is physicist, businessman, and the former U.S. Representative for Illinois's 14th congressional district, serving from 2008 until 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$3,455,942 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $3,455,942 #25 of 728 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $3,612,621 #26 of 728 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $8,098 #467 of 728 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $1,999,556 American Unity PAC IncOppose $528,535 New Prosperity Foundation; TheOppose $270,324 New Prosperity FoundationOppose $270,324 House Majority PACSupport $11,870
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Feb. 5, 2013
- Breakfast at The Phoenix Park Hotel