- Office Held:
- US House, IL
- Office Sought:
- US House, IL
George William "Bill" Foster (born October 7, 1955) is physicist, businessman, and the former U.S. Representative for Illinois's 14th congressional district, serving from 2008 until 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$3,787,311 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $3,787,311 #17 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $3,843,739 #20 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $80,011 #264 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Assn of RealtorsSupport $796,891 National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $338,167 American Future FundOppose $193,453 Susan B Anthony ListOppose $13,345 America VotesSupport $5,274 Revere AmericaOppose $1,280 Americans For Limited GovernmentOppose $850 National Abortion Rights Action LeagueSupport $138 NARAL Pro-Choice AmericaSupport $138
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Peter Harter, Intellectual Ventures LLC $38,400
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Nov. 20, 2013
- November Breakfast Reception at Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar
Oct. 29, 2013
- October Breakfast Reception at Johnny's Half Shell
Oct. 10, 2013
- Breakfast at
Oct. 3, 2013
- Reception with Reps. Carolyn Maloney and Jerry Nadler at The home of Tom Haines and Polly Cleveland
- Hosted by:
- Trudy L. Mason, Christie Hefner, Tom Haines, Polly Cleveland, Arthur Cornfeld, Myriam Sarachik, Jonathan Reiss
Sept. 10, 2013
- Breakfast at Bobby Van's Grill NY
- Hosted by:
- Ali Wolpert, DTCC PAC
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $2,800,000 Northern Illinois Proton Treatment and Research Center: Northern Illinois Proton Treatment and Research Center 2010 $1,600,000 Northern Illinois University: Hadron Particle Therapy 2010 $1,000,000 Ogden Avenue Grade Separation, Aurora, IL 2010 $800,000 Pace transit infrastructure for Randall Road, Kane County, IL 2010 $600,000 Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL for a training program to prepare instructors to work with visually impaired veterans, which may include scholarships 2010 $500,000 Unique Methodologies for Nano/Micro Manufacturing and Job Training for Nanotechnology 2010 $500,000 DeKalb Taylor Municipal Airport Drainage Upgrades, IL 2010 $460,000 Elgin Police Department, Elgin, IL: Elgin Police Car Video Recording Replacement 2010 $300,000 City of Aurora, IL: City of Aurora, IL, Electrical substation relocation, brownfield remediation, and economic revitalization 2010 $200,000 Village of North Aurora, North Aurora, IL: Village of North Aurora Police Digital Radio Interoperability