Betty Sue Sutton
- Office Held:
- US House, OH
- Office Sought:
- US House, OH
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Betty Sutton
SUTTON, Betty, a Representative from Ohio; born in Barberton, Summit County, Ohio, July 31, 1963; B.A., Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, 1985; J.D., University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, 1990; lawyer, private practice; Barberton, Ohio, city council, 1991-1992; member, Ohio state house of representatives, 1993-2000; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Tenth and to the two succeeding Congresses (January 3, 2007-January 3, 2013); unsuccessful candidate for reelection to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress in 2012.
Campaign Finance$2,520,277 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Betty Sue Sutton Download all independent expenditures for or against Betty Sue Sutton
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,520,277 #73 of 728 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,553,499 #68 of 728 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $7,794 #473 of 728 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $1,750,821 Service Employees International UnionSupport $77,489 Service Employees International Union Pea-FederalSupport $74,814 Humane Society of the USSupport $42,326 Environment America Action FundSupport $25,833 Planned Parenthood Advocates of OhioSupport $22,000 Afl-CioSupport $10,647 Workers' VoiceSupport $10,647 United SteelworkersSupport $153
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block