- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CO
Elizabeth Helen “Betsy” Markey (born April 27, 1956) is the former U.S. Representative for Colorado's 4th congressional district, serving from 2009 to 2011. She is a member of the Democratic Party. She was defeated on November 2, 2010 by Republican nominee Cory Gardner.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$4,406,498 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $5,000,000 Arkansas Valley Conduit 2010 $3,000,000 Colorado State University: Geosciences/Atmospheric Research 2010 $900,000 Smart Grid Simulation Laboratory 2010 $800,000 Timber Bridge on US 24, Limon, CO 2010 $655,000 University of Georgia, Cornell University, and Colorado State University: National Beef Cattle Genetic Evaluation Consortium, CO, GA, NY 2010 $650,000 Colorado State University: Infectious Disease Research, CO 2010 $600,000 Upper Big Thompson Canyon Bridge Replacement, CO 2010 $500,000 Sustainable Biofuels Development Center 2010 $500,000 Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO for facilities and equipment for a biocontainment training facility 2010 $300,000 US 287 in Berthoud, CO