- Office Held:
- US Senate, MD
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, MD
CARDIN, Benjamin Louis, a Senator and a Representative from Maryland; born in Baltimore, Md., October 5, 1943; attended public schools; graduated from Baltimore City College, Baltimore, Md., 1961; B.A., University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa., 1964; J.D., University of Maryland, Baltimore, Md., 1967; lawyer, private practice; member of the Maryland state house of delegates, 1966-1986, speaker, 1979-1986; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundredth and to the nine succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1987-January 3, 2007); one of the managers appointed by the House of Representatives in 1989 to conduct the impeachment proceedings against Walter L. Nixon, judge of the United States District Court for the District Court of Mississippi; not a candidate for reelection to the House of Representatives but was elected as a Democrat to the United States Senate in 2006 for the term commencing January 3, 2007; reelected in 2012 for the term ending January 3, 2019.
Campaign Finance$5,540,014 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Ben Cardin Download all independent expenditures for or against Ben Cardin
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $5,540,014 #38 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $5,252,815 #37 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $726,870 #14 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Feb. 23, 2016
- DSCC Senate Roundtable Breakfast at The Liaison Hotel
- Hosted by:
- Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee