- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, TN
- Lobbying Activity
- See also: Lobbyist profile for Bart Gordon
Barton Jennings "Bart" Gordon, (born January 24, 1949) is the former U.S. Representative for Tennessee's 6th congressional district, serving from 1985 until 2011, and was Chairman of the House Committee on Science and Technology from 2007 until 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He announced on December 14, 2009 that he would not seek re-election in 2010.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$8,154,423 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $6,764,000 Dale Hollow Lake 2008 $4,740,000 J Percy Priest Dam and Reservoir 2008 $4,361,000 Tennessee DOT Bus and Bus Facilities Replacement 2008 $4,000,000 Counter Narcotics -- Appalachia High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Tennessee 2010 $3,500,000 J. Percy Priest Greenway, TN 2008 $3,360,000 FAAD C2 -- Windows Based AFATDS for the TN National Guard 2008 $1,873,000 Black Fox, Murfee and Oakland Springs 2009 $1,600,000 Advanced Portable Power Institute 2008 $1,600,000 Tennessee Technological University: Electronics and Electronic Devices -- Advanced Portable Power Institute (APPI) 2010 $1,500,000 Stones River National Battlefield Tour Route, TN