- Latest Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Barbara Lee
Barbara Jean Lee (born July 16, 1946) is the U.S. Representative for California's 9th congressional district, serving since 1998. She is a member of the Democratic Party. She is the first woman to represent that district. Lee was the Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus and was the Co-Chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. Lee is notable as the only member of either house of Congress to vote against the authorization of use of force following the September 11, 2001 attacks. This made her a hero among many in the anti-war movement. Lee has been a vocal critic of the war in Iraq and supports legislation creating a Department of Peace.
Campaign Finance$6,450,792 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $8,338,000 Oakland Harbor 2009 $6,911,000 Oakland Harbor, CA 2008 $4,000,000 PolyPlus Battery Company: Electronics and Electronic Devices -- Lithium Ion Metal Battery 2009 $2,400,000 Defense Leadership and Technology InitiativeRequested by 2010 $1,600,000 Children's Hospital and Research Center at Oakland: Integrated Patient Electronic Record System 2009 $1,200,000 Integrated Patient Electronic Records System for Application to Defense Information Technology 2010 $1,000,000 Berkeley/Albany to San Francisco Ferry Service, CA 2010 $1,000,000 Berkeley-Oakland-San Leandro Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Improvements Project in Alameda County, CA 2008 $1,000,000 Advanced Fabric Treatment for Flame Resistant Uniforms 2008 $1,000,000 Children's Hospital Integrated Patient Electronic Records System (CHIPERS)