- Office Sought:
- US Senate, ME
KING, Angus Stanley, Jr., a Senator from Maine; born in Alexandria, Va., March 31, 1944; graduated Dartmouth College, B.A., 1966; graduated University of Virginia, J.D., 1969; lawyer; counsel, U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Alcoholism and Narcotics; television program host and co-producer; company executive; energy conservation company owner; governor of Maine 1995-2003; elected as an Independent to the United States Senate in 2012 for the term ending January 3, 2019.
Campaign Finance$2,915,450 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Angus King Download all independent expenditures for or against Angus King
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,915,450 #57 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,888,522 #54 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $75,802 #52 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Senatorial CmteOppose $1,161,966 Crossroads GPSOppose $1,014,095 Americans ElectSupport $713,395 Americans ElectSupport $521,125 Maine FreedomOppose $179,500 Sierra Club Independent ActionSupport $95,195 Sierra ClubSupport $95,195 International Assn of Fire FightersSupport $27,450 Icpurple, Inc.Support $23,668 Safe Nation PAC IncOppose $4,127
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Liz Robbins Associates $18,000