- Office Held:
- US Senate, MN
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, MN
KLOBUCHAR, Amy, a Senator from Minnesota; born in Plymouth, Minn., May 25, 1960; attended the public schools in Plymouth; graduated magna cum laude Yale University 1982; J.D., University of Chicago 1985; practiced law in Minnesota, becoming partner at the law firms of Dorsey & Whitney and Gray Plant Mooty; Hennepin County attorney 1999-2006; elected as a Democrat to the United States Senate in 2006 for the term commencing January 3, 2007; reelected in 2012 for the term ending January 3, 2019.
Campaign Finance$7,226,270 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Amy Klobuchar Download all independent expenditures for or against Amy Klobuchar
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $7,226,270 #28 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $7,096,969 #28 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $1,784,380 #7 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Afl-CioSupport $7,319 SEIU MN State CouncilSupport $463 Seiu Mn State CouncilSupport $460
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event July 22, 2015
- Roundtable Lunch at Acqua Al 2
May 19, 2015
- Birthday Celebration & Dinner at The Ashton
March 23, 2015
- Breakfast at Flack Associates
- Hosted by:
- Target Corp