- Latest Office Held:
- US House, NJ
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, NJ
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Albio Sires
Albio Sires (born January 26, 1951 in Bejucal, Provincia de la Habana, Cuba) is the U.S. Representative for New Jersey's 13th congressional district, serving since a special election in 2006. The district includes most of Jersey City, as well as most of the Latino neighborhoods of Newark. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He previously represented district 33 in the New Jersey General Assembly from 2000 to 2006.
Campaign Finance$4,047,137 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $48,000,000 Trans-Hudson Midtown Corridor, NJ 2008 $14,700,000 Trans-Hudson Midtown Corridor 2008 $8,000,000 Office Of Economic Adjustment -- Stabilization/Repair of the Ship Repair Facility at MOTBY 2009 $6,800,000 Phase II of Stabilization/Repair of MOTBY Ship Repair Facility 2010 $5,600,000 Stevens Institute of Technology: Security for Critical Communication Networks 2010 $3,600,000 Bayonne Local Redevelopment Authority: Phase 1 of Berth N-2 Reconstruction of MOTBY Ship Repair Facility 2009 $3,600,000 Security for Critical Communication Networks 2009 $3,200,000 Renewable Fuel Systems for Defense Applications 2009 $3,200,000 Armament Systems Engineering—ASEI2 2008 $3,200,000 Stevens Institute of Technology: Force Protection Advanced Technology -- Secure Infrastructure Technology Laboratory (SINTEL)