Albert R. Wynn
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MD
- Lobbying Activity
- See also: Lobbyist profile for Albert R. Wynn
Albert Russell "Al" Wynn (born September 10, 1951) is a former Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives. He represented the 4th district of Maryland from 1993 to 2008. On February 13, 2008, Al Wynn was defeated in the Democratic primary by Donna Edwards, and resigned his office effective May 31, 2008.
Campaign Finance$5,297,284 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $5,000,000 Electronics and Electronic Devices -- PEM Fuel Cell Tactical Generators 2008 $2,450,000 MD 4 at Suitland Parkway 2008 $2,400,000 Thales Communicaitons Inc.: Physical Security Equipment -- Tactical Automated Security System (TASS), Advanced Communications Module (ACM) 2008 $1,997,500 Prince George's County, MD Interoperable Radio Systems 2008 $1,600,000 Potomac Photonics, U.S. Display Consortium, U.S. Display Consortium, Cabot Corporation, U.S. Display Consortium, University of Iowa, and U.S. Display Consortium: Electronics and Electronic Devices -- Roll-to-Roll Microelectronics Manufacturing in Support of the Flexible Display Initiative 2008 $1,476,000 Germantown Biotechnology Project (MD) 2008 $984,000 CVD single-crystal diamond optical switch (MD)Requested by 2008 $980,000 Suitland Road Gateway Project 2008 $893,000 Prince George's County, MD, to upgrade first responder equipment 2008 $735,000 Maryland Statewide Bus and Bus Facility Program