Alan B. Mollohan
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, WV
Alan Bowlby Mollohan (born May 14, 1943, in Fairmont, West Virginia) is the former U.S. Representative for West Virginia's 1st congressional district, serving from 1983 until 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$5,480,030 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $32,186,000 Ohio River Locks & Dams, West Virginia, Kentucky & Ohio 2010 $8,300,000 JASON Project, Ashburn, VA: Science education through exploration 2010 $6,000,000 Alliant Tech Systems (Mollohan) Allegany Ballistic Lab (Bartlett): Precision Guidance Kit Technology Development 2009 $5,600,000 The JASON Project: The JASON Project 2009 $5,000,000 Multi-Purpose Building Ph 2 2008 $4,900,000 Multi Purpose Building 2008 $4,000,000 EWA Government Systems, Inc.: SO/LIC Advanced Development -- BIGFOOT Tag Airborne Receiver 2009 $3,670,000 Potomac River Watershed South Branch Project 2010 $3,200,000 West Virginia University: Threat Detection and Neutralization 2010 $3,200,000 West Virginia University: Advanced Communications for Mobile Networks