- Latest Office Held:
- US House, TX
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, TX
Alexander N. "Al" Green (September 1, 1947) is the U.S. Representative from Texas' 9th congressional district (map). The district includes most of southwestern Houston, including most of that city's share of Fort Bend County. It also includes most of Missouri City.
Campaign Finance$2,195,224 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $19,600,000 North Corridor BRT, Houston and Southeast Corridor BRT 2008 $17,221,000 Houston Ship Channel 2009 $15,000,000 Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority Advanced Transit Program/METRO Solutions Phase 2, TX 2009 $13,788,000 Houston Ship Channel, TX 2009 $2,378,750 National Wind Energy Center (TX) 2008 $2,232,500 Harris County; TX Sheriff's Office 2010 $2,000,000 National Offshore Wind Energy Center 2010 $1,600,000 HoustonWorks USA: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Initiative 2009 $1,600,000 Nano-lmaging Agents for Early Disease Detection 2010 $1,420,000 Advanced Transit Program/METRO Solutions Bus Expansion, Houston, TX