- Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Adam Schiff
Adam Bennett Schiff (born June 20, 1960) is the U.S. Representative for California's 29th congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district, which was numbered as the 27th District during his first term, includes Alhambra, Altadena, San Gabriel, Burbank, Glendale, South Pasadena, Temple City, Monterey Park, and Pasadena.
Campaign Finance$1,377,651 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,377,651 #242 of 715 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,222,795 #287 of 715 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $1,808,986 #13 of 715 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event June 4, 2013
- Authentic Korean Barbecue Luncheon at Democratic National Headquarters
March 14, 2013
- Spectacular Sushi Luncheon at Democratic National Headquarters
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $1,000,000 County of Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, Monterey Park, CA: Rape Kit Backlog Reduction Program 2010 $800,000 University of Southern California: Eye Trauma and Visual Restoration 2010 $800,000 City of Hope National Medical Center: Advanced Molecular Medicine initiative 2010 $738,000 California Department of Food and Agriculture: California County Pest Detection Import Inspection Program 2010 $693,000 Applied Agriculture and Environmental Research, CA 2010 $619,000 California Department of Food and Agriculture: California County Pest Detection Augmentation Program 2010 $500,000 City of Los Angeles, CA: Rape Kit Backlog Elimination Program 2010 $500,000 San Gabriel Trench Project, CA 2010 $500,000 City of Glendale, Glendale, CA: Foothill Regional Forensic DNA Lab 2010 $500,000 City of Glendale, Glendale, CA: Interagency Communications Interoperability System, Glendale/Burbank, CA