- Latest Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Adam Schiff
Adam Bennett Schiff (born June 20, 1960) is the U.S. Representative for California's 29th congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district, which was numbered as the 27th District during his first term, includes Alhambra, Altadena, San Gabriel, Burbank, Glendale, South Pasadena, Temple City, Monterey Park, and Pasadena.
Campaign Finance$9,303,035 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $3,500,000 San Gabriel Basin Restoration Fund 2009 $1,337,000 Alameda. Creek Watershed Project, California 2009 $1,235,000 San Gabriel Trench Grade Separation Project- Alameda Corridor East Constructing Authority, CA 2009 $1,200,000 Proteomics Project (CH-LA) 2009 $1,187,500 Purchase CNG Buses for Foothill Transit, CA 2008 $1,157,000 The City of Pasadena for perchlorate remediation and drinking water system improvements 2010 $1,000,000 County of Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, Monterey Park, CA: Rape Kit Backlog Reduction Program 2009 $1,000,000 City of Glendale, California: City of Glendale, California Foothill Regional Forensic DNALab 2009 $1,000,000 California Forensic Science Institute: California Forensic Science Institute California State University, Los Angeles 2008 $1,000,000 Eureka Aerospace: Nonlethal Weapons -- High-Power Microwave System for Vehicle Immobilization