Zurich (German: Zürich) is the largest city in Switzerland and the capital of the canton of Zurich. It is located in central Switzerland at the northwestern tip of Lake Zurich. While the municipality itself has approximately 380,500 inhabitants, the Zurich metropolitan area is an urbanised area of international importance constituted by a population of nearly 2 million inhabitants. Zurich is a mixed hub for railways, roads, and air traffic. Both Zurich Airport and railway station are the largest and busiest in the country.
Campaign Finance$2,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Zurich
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Zurich $8,560,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Government Issues,
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Foreign Relations,
- Automotive Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.890 Holocaust Insurance Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.1193 Holocaust Rail Justice Act S.3 Fiscal Responsibility and Spending Control Act S.466 Restoration of Legal Rights for Claimants under Holocaust-Era Insurance Policies Act of 2011 S.634 Holocaust Rail Justice Act S.699 Department of Energy Carbon Capture and Sequestration Program Amendments Act of 2011 H.R.1309 Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2018 Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act of 2011 H.R.1121 Responsible Consumer Financial Protection Regulations Act of 2011 H.R.1315 Consumer Financial Protection Safety and Soundness Improvement Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 190 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Zurich" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Zurich
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Zurich
- Toggle 31 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 21 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 17 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 14 EPA Emergency Petition Seeking Suspension of Registration for Clothianidin 2012
- Toggle 13 Implementation of the Shark Conservation Act of 2010 2012
- Toggle 11 FWS Request for Information and Recommendations on Resolutions, Decisions, and Agenda Items for Consideration at the Sixteenth Regular Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora 2011
- Toggle 11 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 10 FSIS Poultry Slaughter Inspection 2011
- Toggle 10 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 9 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Corn Genetically Engineered for Drought Tolerance 2011
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.