Zurich Financial Services
Zurich Financial Services AG (SIX: ZURN) is a major financial services group based in Zurich, Switzerland.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Zurich Financial Services
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Zurich $9,240,000 Farmers Group $1,700,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Health Issues,
- Clean Air & Water,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3424 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.1880 National Insurance Consumer Protection Act H.R.1265 Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act S.506 Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act H.R.2555 Homeowners' Defense Act of 2010 H.R.2609 Insurance Information Act of 2009 H.R.1264 Multiple Peril Insurance Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Zurich Financial Services" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Zurich Financial Services
- Toggle 2 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 1 FMCSA ESC - In the Matter of 1EBT Corp dba EBT Bus Tours a/k/a Elegance Bus Tours, Inc. - Motion for Final Order 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) Membership Nominations - October Terms 2010
- Toggle 1 TREAS Analysis by the President’s Working Group on Financial Markets on the Long-term Availability and Affordability of Insurance for Terrorism Risk. 2010
- Toggle 1 FMCSA WSC - In the Matter of Blackjack Machinery, Inc. - Field Administrator’s Objection to Respondent's Request for Informal Hearing 2010
- Toggle 1 FMCSA ESC - In the Matter of Edward P. Allard - Notice of Receipt of Request for Administrative Review of Failed Safety Audit Review 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Carbon Dioxide Injection and Geologic Sequestration Reporting Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Hazardous Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Hazardous Waste: Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Injectate in Geological Sequestration Activities 2010
- Toggle 1 FISCAL Surety Companies Doing Business with the United States 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Zurich Financial Services" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee