Campaign Finance$342,991 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Zippo Manufacturing
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.350 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.4853 Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 89 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Zippo Manufacturing" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Zippo Manufacturing
- Toggle 2 DOT Air Midwest, Inc. - Notice of Intent to Terminate Scheduled Air Service at Bradford, Pennsylvania 2003
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Hazardous Materials; Requirements for Lighters and Lighter Refills 2004
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Zippo Manufacturing Corporation - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Authorize the Transportation of Zippo Lighters in Special Travel Containers in Checked Luggage in Commercial Passenger Aircraft 2005
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Zippo Manufacturing Corporation - Permit to Transport Hazardous Materials 2006
- Toggle 1 CPSC Publicly Available Consumer Product Safety Information Database 2010
- Toggle 1 CPSC Meeting: Establishment of a Public Consumer Product Safety Incident Database; Public Workshop 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Zippo Manufacturing
- Toggle 7 DOT Air Midwest, Inc. - Notice of Intent to Terminate Scheduled Air Service at Bradford, Pennsylvania 2003
- Toggle 7 PHMSA Hazardous Materials; Requirements for Lighters and Lighter Refills 2004
- Toggle 6 PHMSA Zippo Manufacturing Corporation - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Authorize the Transportation of Zippo Lighters in Special Travel Containers in Checked Luggage in Commercial Passenger Aircraft 2005
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Zippo Manufacturing Corporation - Permit to Transport Hazardous Materials 2006
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Sexton Can Company, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Exemptions - Non-DOT Specification Cylinder - Certain Division 2.2 Materials 1997
- Toggle 2 ETA Trade Adjustment Act Notices September 22, 2006 to November 30, 2006 2007
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Aethra Aviation Technologies LLC - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - To Authorize DOT-FRP Pressure Vessels for Continued Carriage on Transport Aircraft 2005
- Toggle 2 DOT Air Midwest, Inc. - Notice of Intent to Terminate Essential Scheduled Air Service at Jamestown, New York 2003
- Toggle 2 PHMSA NASA - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Nitrogen in Non-DOT Specification Cylinders without Pressure Relief Devices 2005
- Toggle 2 ITC In the Matter of Certain Lighters; Notice of Investigation 2006
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Zippo Manufacturing" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee