Wyeth, formerly one of the companies owned by American Home Products Corporation (AHP), was a pharmaceutical company. The company was based in Madison, New Jersey, USA. They were known for manufacturing the over-the-counter (OTC) drugs Robitussin and the analgesic Advil (ibuprofen), as well as the prescription drugs Premarin and Effexor, which both boast over US$3 billion in sales annually.
Campaign Finance$9,198,685 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Wyeth
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Wyeth $30,142,211
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Clean Air & Water
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1695 Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2007 H.R.1038 (Unknown) H.R.1427 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act H.R.1956 Patient Protection and Innovative Biologic Medicines Act of 2007 S.301 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2009 S.623 Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act S.1505 Affordable Biologics for Consumers Act S.2029 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2007 H.R.3610 Food and Drug Import Safety Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 916 dockets; Submitted to 64 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Wyeth" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Wyeth
- Toggle 11 FDA Venlafaxine Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets 2003
- Toggle 4 FDA OTC Nasal Decongestants 1976
- Toggle 4 FDA Request Approval of any Abbreviated New Drug Application Relying on Zosyn (Piperacillin and Tazobactam for Injection) as its Reference Product be Contingent Upon the Proposed Product 2006
- Toggle 3 FDA Over-the-Counter (OTC) General Comments & Combinations 1976
- Toggle 2 FDA Over-the-Counter (OTC) Cough and Cold Drug Products for Children Under 6 Years of Age 2007
- Toggle 2 FDA Electronic Records & Signatures, Retention of Electronic Rec 2000
- Toggle 2 FDA Joint Meeting of the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee, Nonprescription Drugs Advisory Committee, and the Anesthetic and Life Support Drugs Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting. 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Review New Drug Applications for Mixtures of Estrogens 1998
- Toggle 2 APHIS Animal Care Policy Manual 2007
- Toggle 2 FDA Guidance for Sponsors, Industry, Researchers, Investigators, and FDA Staff: Certifications To Accompany Drug, Biological Product, and Device Applications/ Submissions: Compliance with Section 402(j) of The Public Health Service Act, 42 U.S.C. § 282(j), Added By Title VIII of The Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Wyeth
- Toggle 326 FDA Seeking FDA Actions to counter Flagrant Violations of the Law by Pharmacies Compounding Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Drugs that Endanger Public Health 2005
- Toggle 37 FDA Bulk Drug Substances That May Be Used to Compound Drug Products in Accordance With Section 503B of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, Concerning Outsourcing Facilities; Request for Nominations 2013
- Toggle 25 FDA Biological Products; Bacterial Vaccines and Toxiods - CLOSED DATE: 01/05/2004 1980
- Toggle 22 FDA CGMPs for the Production of Infant Formula 1995
- Toggle 20 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 18 FDA Venlafaxine Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets 2003
- Toggle 18 FDA Request Approval of any Abbreviated New Drug Application Relying on Zosyn (Piperacillin and Tazobactam for Injection) as its Reference Product be Contingent Upon the Proposed Product 2006
- Toggle 18 DOS Notice of 30 Day Public Comment Period Regarding the National Interest Determination for TransCanada Keystone Pipeline, L.P.’s Presidential Permit Application 2014
- Toggle 16 FWS Removing the Gray Wolf from the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Maintaining Protections for the Mexican Wolf by Listing It as Endangered 2013
- Toggle 15 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
Federal Spending8 grants; 86 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Wyeth||2011||Centers For Disease Control||TAS::75 0512::TAS 00HCVGBC-2010-82344 - PFIZER/WYETH PEDIATRIC VACCINE CONTRACT||$308,849,720|
|Wyeth||2010||Centers For Disease Control||TAS::75 0512::TAS 00HCVGBC-2010-82344 - WYETH PEDIATRIC VACCINE CONTRACT||$226,448,729|
|Wyeth||2011||Centers For Disease Control||00HCVGBC-2010-82344 - PFIZER/WYETH PEDIATRIC VACCINE CONTRACT||$213,282,692|
|Wyeth||2006||Centers For Disease Control||VFC 2005||$183,336,100|
|Wyeth||2010||Centers For Disease Control||TAS::75 0512::TAS 00HCVGBC-2010-82344 - WYETH PEDIATRIC VACCINE CONTRACT||$181,044,495|
|Wyeth||2009||Centers For Disease Control||00HCVGBC-2008-54385 - WYETH||$166,108,993|
|Wyeth||2010||Centers For Disease Control||00HCVGBC-2009-68755 - WYETH VFC PEDIATRIC VACCINE CONTRACT||$162,446,568|
|Wyeth||2010||Centers For Disease Control||00HCVGBC-2009-68755 - WYETH VFC PEDIATRIC VACCINE CONTRACT||$147,782,030|
|Wyeth||2008||Centers For Disease Control||00HCVGBC-2008-54385 - WYETH||$131,004,937|
|Wyeth||2009||Centers For Disease Control||00HCVGBC-2009-68755 - WYETH VFC PEDIATRIC VACCINE CONTRACT||$128,665,034|
Contractor Misconduct11 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Health||None||Rowatt v. Wyeth (Hormone Therapy Litigation)||2007||Judgment Against Defendant||$57,800,000|
|Health||None||GMP Deviations at PA and NY Facilities||2000||Administrative Agreement||$30,000,000|
|Health||None||Scroggin v. Wyeth (Hormone Therapy Litigation)||2008||Judgment Against Defendant||$22,110,000|
|Health||None||Levine v. Wyeth||2009||Judgment Against Defendant||$6,774,000|
|Health||None||Daniel v. Wyeth (Prempro)||2011||Judgment Against Defendant||$1,681,650|
|Health||None||Protonix False Claims Act Lawsuits||2009||Pending||$0|
|Cost/Labor Mischarge||Health and Human Servs.||Santa Clara County Drug Pricing Lawsuit||2008||Pending||$0|
|Health||None||Kellogg v. Wyeth (Reglan)||2007||Pending||$0|
|Government Contract Fraud||Health and Human Servs.||Sandler et al. v. Wyeth Pharmaceuticals||2005||Settlement||$0|
|Health||None||Longs v. Wyeth (Redux Wrongful Death)||2003||Pending||$0|
|Health||None||Diet Drug Litigation||1999||Settlement||$0|
EPA Violations10 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||Wyeth on behalf of Shulton Inc (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|Air Products & Chemical, Inc Et Al||Wyeth Holdings Corporation (+40 others)||2005||Elkton, Md||$24,500,000|
|3m Company||Wyeth Holdings Corporation (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|Alcan Corporation||Wyeth obo Shulton Inc (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|Himco Dump Rd/Ra (Cercla)||Wyeth (+31 others)||2007||Elkhart, In||$13,031,373|
|Agere Systems, Et Al||Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (+138 others)||2007||Elkton, Md||$11,300,000|
|American Standard Inc., Et Al. (Avery Dennison Corp.)||Wyeth (+42 others)||2008||Camden, Nj||$9,539,092|
|Calumet Containter Admin Order On Consent (Cercla)||Wyeth Company (+50 others)||2006||Hammond, In||$2,784,520|
|Benjamin Moore & Co., Et Al||Wyeth-Ayerst Pharmaceuticals Inc (+26 others)||2001||Piscataway, Nj||$2,000,000|
|Abb, Inc.||Wyeth Holdings Corporation (+72 others)||2007||Wood Ridge, Nj||$1,400,000|
Advisory Committees21 people on 16 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Wyeth" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 18 people on 13 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee