Writers Guild of America
The Writers Guild of America is a generic term referring to the joint efforts of two different US labor unions:
Campaign Finance$14,811 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Writers Guild of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Writers Guild of America West $220,000 Writers Guild of America $80,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Health Issues,
- Arts & Entertainment
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3458 Internet Freedom Preservation Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 S.1679 Affordable Health Choices Act H.R.1796 Residential Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act S.968 PIPA S.J.RES.6 A joint resolution disapproving the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission with respect to regulating the Internet and broadband industry practices. H.R.3458 To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to ensure the eligibility of eligible professionals practicing in rural health clinics for electronic health records and quality improvement incentives under Medicare. H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Writers Guild of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Writers Guild of America
- Toggle 3 FDA FDA is Requesting Data, Information, and Views and Hosting a Web-Based Public Meeting to Discuss Issues Related to the Development of an Enforcement Action Plan 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 1 FCC Open Internet Advisory Committee: Appointment of Members and Chairperson 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Tobacco Product Advertising and Promotion to Youth and Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulations Restricting the Sale & Distribution of Cigarettes & Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children & Adolescents 1995
- Toggle 1 Request for Comments and Notice of public hearing concerning Proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Agreement 2013
- Toggle 1 FCC Sponsorship Identification Rules and Embedded Advertising 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Implementation of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act Request for Comments (Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking) 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Recently Posted EPA Rules and Notices from FR Feed. Unknown
- Toggle 1 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Dietary Supplements 1996