Winston & Strawn
Winston & Strawn LLP is an international law firm with approximately 900 attorneys among 13 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Winston & Strawn
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount American Honey Producers Assn $880,000 Liberty Maritime $662,302 Government of the US Virgin Islands $585,000 Waggoner Engineering $480,000 USA Maritime $252,495 Fresenius Kabi USA $180,000 City of Jackson, MS $160,000 Jackson Municipal Airport Authority $160,000 Jackson County Board of Supervisors $160,000 Council of Development Finance Agencies $160,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1495 Gold Reserve Transparency Act of 2011 S.1596 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2596 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.3671 Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1572 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1645 Vieques Recovery and Development Act of 2011
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 21, 2013 Liberty Maritime Environmental Issues, Clean Air Act, priacy, maritime environmental compliance, Maritime Security Program, cargo preference laws, Sustainment of Food for Peace Program, food aid programs, more generally, Ex-Im Bank reauthorization View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 26 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Winston & Strawn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Winston & Strawn
- Toggle 3 MARAD Cargo Preference Public Meeting 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Determine That Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc has Forfeited its 180-day Marketing Exclusivity Period for Generic Versions of ANTARA-Brand Fenofibrate Capsules, 43 mg and 130 mg -CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 1 ATBCB Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Architectural Barriers Act (ABA) Accessibility Guidelines for Shared Use Paths 2011
- Toggle 1 Implementation of MARPOL Annex V Amendments 2012
- Toggle 1 USCG Self-Defense of Vessels of the United States 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Winston & Strawn
- Toggle 2 MARAD Cargo Preference Public Meeting 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Determine That Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc has Forfeited its 180-day Marketing Exclusivity Period for Generic Versions of ANTARA-Brand Fenofibrate Capsules, 43 mg and 130 mg -CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Orders Granting Conditional Exemptions under Securities Exchange Act of 1934: Portfolio Margining of Swaps and Security-Based Swaps 2012
- Toggle 1 FMC Commission's Rules of Practice and Procedure 2012
- Toggle 1 FERC Applications: Brazos River Authority 2011
- Toggle 1 CPSC Settlement Agreements: Spin Master, Inc. and Spin Master, Ltd. 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Assertion of Right of the United States to Use, or Authorize the Use of the Production Processes of Reference Monoclonal Antibody Products Approved under the Public Health Service Act 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Generalized System of Preferences (GSP): Notice of Initiation of the 2012 Annual GSP Product and Country Practices Review; Deadlines for Filing Petitions 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Request FDA To Not Approve Any Rosuvastatin Calcium Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Which Crestor is the Reference Listed Drug - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Petitions for Rulemaking Related to Safety and Environmental Implications of the Fukushima Task Force Report 2011