Winston & Strawn
Winston & Strawn LLP is an international law firm with approximately 900 attorneys among 13 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Winston & Strawn
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Liberty Maritime $1,285,000 Government of the US Virgin Islands $1,170,000 Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition $760,000 Markit Data $735,000 American Honey Producers Assn $580,000 Altria Client Services $475,000 Waggoner Engineering $450,000 Taxpayers Against Fraud $300,000 Starwood Energy Group Global $270,000 International Council of Shopping Cntrs $220,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Government Issues,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.1495 Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act of 2009 H.R.3288 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.3261 Buffalo Bayou National Heritage Area Act H.R.5850 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3644 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2847 Department of Commerce Appropriations Act, 2010 S.3636 Science Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2997 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 21, 2013 Liberty Maritime Environmental Issues, Clean Air Act, priacy, maritime environmental compliance, Maritime Security Program, cargo preference laws, Sustainment of Food for Peace Program, food aid programs, more generally, Ex-Im Bank reauthorization View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 41 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Winston & Strawn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Winston & Strawn
- Toggle 5 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY GRACE as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 5 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY GLORY as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 4 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY EAGLE as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 2 DOE Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Design Standards for New Federal Buildings (See also EERE-2006-BC-0108) [Legacy ID EE-RM/STD-02-112] 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Refrain from Approving any ANDA for a Generic Version of Osmotica's Venlafaxine HCL Extended-release Tablets Drug Product Unless Such Application Contains Results from Bioequivalence Studies Conducted Under Both Fed and Fasting Conditions Demonstrating Bioequivalence to the RLD 2010
- Toggle 1 ITA Antidumping Proceedings: Calculation of the Weighted Average Dumping Margin and Assessment Rate in Certain Antidumping Duty Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Guidance Specifying the Technologies and Methodologies That Render Protected Health Information Unusable, Unreadable, or Indecipherable to Unauthorized Individuals for Purposes of the Breach Notification Requirements Under Section 13402 of the HITECH Act; Request for Information 2009
- Toggle 1 NOAA 90-Day Finding on a Petition to List Atlantic Sturgeon (Acipenser oxyrinchus oxyrinchus) as Threatened or Endangered under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Winston & Strawn
- Toggle 8 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY GLORY as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 8 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY EAGLE as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 7 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY GRACE as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Interpretation of Regulations that Determine Pollutants Covered by Clean Air Act Permitting Programs 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Refrain From Approving Certain Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) for Generic Versions of Naropin® (Ropivacaine Hydrochloride Monohydrate) Injection 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Refrain From or Approving any Application for a 0.6 mg Oral Colchicine Tablet with a Proposed Indication Already Approve for Colcrys® That is not Submitted as an Appreviated New Drug Application - CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Refrain from Approving any ANDA for a Generic Version of Osmotica's Venlafaxine HCL Extended-release Tablets Drug Product Unless Such Application Contains Results from Bioequivalence Studies Conducted Under Both Fed and Fasting Conditions Demonstrating Bioequivalence to the RLD 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 1 NRC Applications and Amendments to Facility Operating Licenses Involving No Significant Hazards Considerations 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Supplemental Guidance for SIP Submissions to Meet the Requirements for Section 110(a)(1) of the CAA for the SO2 NAAQS 2010