Winston & Strawn
Winston & Strawn LLP is an international law firm with approximately 900 attorneys among 13 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Campaign Finance$5,543,209 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Winston & Strawn
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Government of the US Virgin Islands $7,825,000 Liberty Maritime $5,812,302 American Honey Producers Assn $4,550,000 Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Admin $2,720,000 Waggoner Engineering $2,210,000 Natl Org/Social Security Claimants Reps $1,760,000 Barr Laboratories $1,280,000 Jackson County Board of Supervisors $1,240,000 Yellow Corp $1,240,000 City of Jackson, MS $1,160,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Government Issues,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2764 Executive Office of the President Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.1495 Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act of 2009 H.R.3082 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2010, Part II H.R.3288 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.1495 Gold Reserve Transparency Act of 2011 H.R.5850 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2011
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 21, 2013 Liberty Maritime Environmental Issues, Clean Air Act, priacy, maritime environmental compliance, Maritime Security Program, cargo preference laws, Sustainment of Food for Peace Program, food aid programs, more generally, Ex-Im Bank reauthorization View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 170 dockets; Submitted to 34 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Winston & Strawn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Winston & Strawn
- Toggle 26 MARAD Notice of Request to Transfer Maritime Security Program Operating Agreements MA/MSP-29 Through MA/MSP-43 to Maersk Line, Limited 2003
- Toggle 5 FDA Require any Repaglinide ANDAs Containing Only Section viii Statement for the '358' Patent to Convert to a Paragraph IV Certification or a Split-Certification-CLOSED 2008
- Toggle 5 FDA Requiring the Submission of a New ANDA Containing the Required Bioequivalence Data for Venlafaxine HCl Extended-Release Tablets 2008
- Toggle 5 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY GRACE as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 5 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY GLORY as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 5 FDA Refuse to Approve any Abbreviated New Drug Application for an Amifostine Product With Labeling That Omits Dosage, Administration, and Other Information Related to the Consequences of Using the Drug to Reduce the Incidence of Xerostomia in Head and Neck Cancer Patients Being Treated with Radiotherapy-CLOSED 2006
- Toggle 5 DOT Computer Reservations Systems - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2006
- Toggle 4 FDA Refrain From Approving any Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Repaglinide That Omits Crucial Information on Metformin Combination Therapy, Which is Protected by Patent and Currently Appears in the Labeling of the Innovator Product, PRANDIN-CLOSED 2008
- Toggle 4 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY EAGLE as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 3 DOT Procedures for Compensation of Air Carriers 2001
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Winston & Strawn
- Toggle 101 DOT American Airlines, Inc.; Executive Airlines, Inc.; Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Trans World Airlines, Inc. - Amended Complaint and Request for Relief 2006
- Toggle 37 DOT Dade County, Florida - Request for Determination of Airport Rates and Charges at. Miami International Airport Rates and Charges 1996
- Toggle 29 DOT Computer Reservations Systems - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2006
- Toggle 14 EPA Proposed Consent Decree in Desert Rock Energy Company, LLC, et al. v. EPA, No. 08-872 (S.D. TX). 2008
- Toggle 12 DOT Spirit Airlines, Inc.-Detroit (City Airport)-New York (La Guardia Airport) 1995
- Toggle 9 MARAD Notice of Request to Transfer Maritime Security Program Operating Agreements MA/MSP-29 Through MA/MSP-43 to Maersk Line, Limited 2003
- Toggle 8 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY GLORY as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 8 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY EAGLE as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 8 DOT 98-8-29 Order Instituting Proceeding - Love Field Service Interpretation Proceeding 1998
- Toggle 7 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Airplatforms, Inc. 2003