Winston & Strawn
Winston & Strawn LLP is an international law firm with approximately 900 attorneys among 13 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Campaign Finance$5,423,843 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Winston & Strawn
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Government of the US Virgin Islands $7,605,000 Liberty Maritime $5,724,779 American Honey Producers Assn $4,100,000 Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Admin $2,720,000 Waggoner Engineering $1,970,000 Natl Org/Social Security Claimants Reps $1,760,000 Barr Laboratories $1,280,000 Yellow Corp $1,240,000 Jackson County Board of Supervisors $1,180,000 American Airlines $1,160,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Government Issues,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2764 Executive Office of the President Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.1495 Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act of 2009 H.R.3082 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2010, Part II H.R.3288 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.5850 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2011 S.1596 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary March 18, 2013 International Radiosurgery Association Medicare reimbursement cut included in the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 163 dockets; Submitted to 23 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Winston & Strawn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Winston & Strawn
- Toggle 26 MARAD Notice of Request to Transfer Maritime Security Program Operating Agreements MA/MSP-29 Through MA/MSP-43 to Maersk Line, Limited 2003
- Toggle 5 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY GRACE as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 5 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY GLORY as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 5 DOT Computer Reservations Systems - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2006
- Toggle 4 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY EAGLE as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 3 DOT Procedures for Compensation of Air Carriers 2001
- Toggle 3 MARAD Cargo Preference Public Meeting 2011
- Toggle 3 IRS Treatment of Certain Nuclear Decommissioning Funds for Purposes of Allocating Purchase Price in Certain Deemed and Actual Asset Acquisitions 2007
- Toggle 1 OSHA STEEL ERECTION 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT United Parcel Service Co. - Petition to Institute a Public Inquiry Into the Citizenship and Foreign Control of DHL Airways, Inc. 2002
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Winston & Strawn
- Toggle 101 DOT American Airlines, Inc.; Executive Airlines, Inc.; Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Trans World Airlines, Inc. - Amended Complaint and Request for Relief 2006
- Toggle 37 DOT Dade County, Florida - Request for Determination of Airport Rates and Charges at. Miami International Airport Rates and Charges 1996
- Toggle 29 DOT Computer Reservations Systems - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2006
- Toggle 12 DOT Spirit Airlines, Inc.-Detroit (City Airport)-New York (La Guardia Airport) 1995
- Toggle 10 EPA Proposed Consent Decree in Desert Rock Energy Company, LLC, et al. v. EPA, No. 08-872 (S.D. TX). 2008
- Toggle 9 MARAD Notice of Request to Transfer Maritime Security Program Operating Agreements MA/MSP-29 Through MA/MSP-43 to Maersk Line, Limited 2003
- Toggle 8 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY EAGLE as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 8 MARAD Application of Liberty Maritime Cooperation to Re-designate the M/V LIBERTY GLORY as a Liner. 2010
- Toggle 8 DOT 98-8-29 Order Instituting Proceeding - Love Field Service Interpretation Proceeding 1998
- Toggle 7 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Airplatforms, Inc. 2003