Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, which also goes by the shorter market name WilmerHale, is an American law firm with twelve offices across the USA, Europe and Asia. It was created in 2004 through the merger of the Boston-based firm Hale and Dorr and the Washington-based firm Wilmer Cutler & Pickering, and employs more than 1,100 attorneys worldwide. In 2010 The American Lawyer named WilmerHale to its "A-List" for the seventh year since the list’s inception in 2003. The firm was ranked fifth among 20 of the nation’s most elite law firms. Top law firms are identified based on four areas of measurement: financial performance, pro bono commitment, associate satisfaction and diversity.
Campaign Finance$65,117 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of WilmerHale
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary Oct. 21, 2013 WilmerHale Telecommunications issues, generally. View registration Oct. 21, 2013 WilmerHale Patent issues. View registration Oct. 7, 2013 WilmerHale Antitrust; performance rights View registration Oct. 4, 2013 WilmerHale Reclassification petition for automated external defibrillator systems. View registration Oct. 4, 2013 WilmerHale The Cloud (information resource); piracy of intellectual property View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 97 dockets; Submitted to 30 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "WilmerHale" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for WilmerHale
- Toggle 4 DOT Continental Airlines, Inc. and Members of the Star Alliance - Approve and Confer Antitrust Immunity on Certain Alliance Agreements 2008
- Toggle 3 DOT 2008 Los Angeles - San Jose del Cabo Exemption Proceeding 2008
- Toggle 3 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 2 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 2 DOT Foreign - Designation of Agent for Service of Notice, Process, Orders, Decisions and Requirements 2002
- Toggle 2 DOT All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. and Thai Airways International Public Co., Ltd. - Exemption/Codeshare - Bangkok-New York/Washington 2001
- Toggle 2 DOT Croatia Airlines - Exemption - Croatia-U.S. 2007
- Toggle 2 DOT Counterpart to Warsaw Agreement (Vols. 1 thru 11) 1995
- Toggle 2 DOT United Air Lines, Inc. - Exemption - Los Angeles-San Jose del Cabo 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT NEOS S.p.A. - Exemption - Republic of Italy-Territory of the United States and Any Third Country or Countries 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for WilmerHale
- Toggle 11 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 6 DOT Continental Airlines, Inc. and Members of the Star Alliance - Approve and Confer Antitrust Immunity on Certain Alliance Agreements 2008
- Toggle 4 EPA Significant New Use Rule of Certain Chemical Substances 2008
- Toggle 4 DOT Atlantic Express, Inc. - Certificate - Foreign Charter Air Transportation 2004
- Toggle 4 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 4 DOT The Austrian Group, bmi, Lufthansa, LOT, SAS, Swiss, TAP, United Air Lines, Inc. - Approval of/Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Expansion Agreement 2005
- Toggle 3 DOT Consorcio Aviaxsa S.A. de C.V. - Exemption - Mexico City, Mexico-Houston, Texas 2001
- Toggle 3 FAA 2010-NM-156-AD Koito Industries, Ltd., Seats and Seating Systems Approved under Technical Standard Order (TSO) TSO-C39b, TSO-C39c, or TSO-C127a 2010
- Toggle 3 DOT Organization and Delegation of Powers and Duties; Commercial Space Launch Act - Amdt. 1-202 1998
- Toggle 3 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.p.A., Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Inc., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Societe Air France - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2004