The Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE: WMB) is an energy company based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Its core business is natural gas exploration, production, processing, and transportation, with additional petroleum and electricity generation assets. A Fortune 200 company, its common stock is a component of the S&P; 500 and the Dow Jones Utility Average.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Williams Companies
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Williams Companies $9,460,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Natural Resources,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.233 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 S.146 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 H.R.2766 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Williams Companies" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Williams Companies
- Toggle 11 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Systems Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs); Reassessment of Use Authorizations 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 EERE Alternative Fuel Transportation Program; Replacement Fuel Goal Modification 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Pennsylvania- Section 110(a)(2)Infrastructure Requirements for the 1997 8-hour Ozone and the 1997 and 2006 Fine Particulate Matter National Ambient Air Quality Standards 2010
- Toggle 1 FRS Agency Information Collection Activities: Announcement of Board Approval Under Delegated Authority and Submission to OMB 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2009
- Toggle 1 FERC Standards of Conduct for Transmission Providers 2009
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Williams Companies" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 1 committee