Wiley Rein LLP
Wiley Rein LLP is a Washington, D.C. law firm founded in 1983 under the name Wiley, Johnson and Rein. In 1986, the firm, then known as Wiley & Rein, became Wiley Rein & Fielding as Richard E. Wiley, former Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, and Bert W. Rein, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business Affairs, were joined on the masthead by Fred F. Fielding, former Counsel to President Ronald Reagan. With Mr. Fielding's return to the White House as Counsel to President George W. Bush on February 1, 2007, the firm reverted to the name Wiley Rein LLP.
Campaign Finance$423,066 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Wiley Rein LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Nucor Corp $2,200,000 Iridium Communications $720,000 AT&T Inc $650,000 CBS Corp $400,000 Centene Corp $400,000 National Assn of Broadcasters $390,000 Comprehensive Health Management $380,000 Scripps Networks Interactive $380,000 eHealth Inc $370,000 America's Natural Gas Alliance $360,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 H.R.915 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.3304 Equal Access to 21st Century Communications Act H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.3570 Satellite Home Viewer Update and Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.1670 Satellite Television Modernization Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary March 21, 2013 Association of American Railroads Federal regulatory and legislative issues relating to the railroad industry. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 78 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Wiley Rein LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Wiley Rein LLP
- Toggle 1 USTR Korea Zeroing (DS402) 2009
- Toggle 1 OSHA Curtis-Straus LLC (CSL) 2009
- Toggle 1 ITA Antidumping Proceedings: Calculation of the Weighted Average Dumping Margin and Assessment Rate in Certain Antidumping Duty Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 1 FAR FAR Case 2009-008, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (the Recovery Act)—Buy American Requirements for Construction Material 2009
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation - Permit to Transport Hazardous Materials 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Aviation Services, Ltd. (d/b/a Freedom Air (Guam)) - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Service 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT CSI Aviation Services, Inc. - Emergency Exemption - Perform Under General Services Administration Contract GS-33F-0025V, SIN 599-5, Air Charter Services-Brokers 2009
- Toggle 1 FAA Petition for Waiver of the Terms of the Order Limiting Scheduled Operations at LaGuardia Airport 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT Aviation Services, Ltd. (d/b/a Freedom Air (Guam)) - Certificate - Foreign Passenger Charter Service 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Wiley Rein LLP
- Toggle 15 DOT CSI Aviation Services, Inc. - Emergency Exemption - Perform Under General Services Administration Contract GS-33F-0025V, SIN 599-5, Air Charter Services-Brokers 2009
- Toggle 6 DOT Aviation Services, Ltd. (d/b/a Freedom Air (Guam)) - Certificate - Foreign Passenger Charter Service 2010
- Toggle 4 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2009
- Toggle 4 DOT Aviation Services, Ltd. (d/b/a Freedom Air (Guam)) - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Service 2010
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Hazardous Materials Revision to Requirements for the Transportation Lithium Batteries 2009
- Toggle 3 OSHA Curtis-Straus LLC (CSL) 2009
- Toggle 3 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - United States-Bahamas 2009
- Toggle 3 ITA Antidumping Proceedings: Calculation of the Weighted Average Dumping Margin and Assessment Rate in Certain Antidumping Duty Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 3 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - United States-Jamaica 2009
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Battery Council International 2010
Advisory Committees3 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Wiley Rein LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 3 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 1 person on 1 committee