Wiley, Rein & Fielding
Campaign Finance$340,134 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Wiley, Rein & Fielding
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Nucor Corp $1,420,000 Newspaper Assn of America $380,000 Yang, Rong $320,000 Verizon Wireless $260,000 Time Warner $240,000 Motorola Inc $200,000 Bello Corp $200,000 Goss International $200,000 Gannett Co $200,000 Kansas City Southern $190,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
RegulationsMentioned in 43 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Wiley, Rein & Fielding" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Wiley, Rein & Fielding
- Toggle 6 DOT Ryan International Airlines, Inc., dba Sunship 1 Airlines - Exemption - Milwaukee-Cancun 2004
- Toggle 4 DOT Atlantic Express, Inc. - Certificate - Foreign Charter Air Transportation 2004
- Toggle 4 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Baltimore, Maryland-Grand Bahamas Island (Freeport), The Bahamas 2003
- Toggle 3 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Spirit Airlines, Inc. (Spirit) 2004
- Toggle 2 FAA Operating Limitations at Chicago O'Hare International Airport 2004
- Toggle 1 DOT Frontier Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Denver-Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 2003
- Toggle 1 FAA AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 1 FDA Adhere to the Statutory Limitations of Section 505(j)(5)(B)(iv) of the Act in Issuing Final Approvals to ANDA Applicants 2004
- Toggle 1 DOT United Air Lines, Inc. - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico 2003
- Toggle 1 DOT Frontier Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Denver-Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Mexico 2003
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Wiley, Rein & Fielding
- Toggle 8 DOT USA 3000 Airlines - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico Scheduled Service 2004
- Toggle 8 DOT Compania Mexicana de Aviacion, S.A. de C.V. and Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - Exemptions/Statements of Authorization - Mexico City-Boston, MA; San Jose del Cabo-Ontario, CA; Guadalajara-Portland, OR/Sacramento/San Jose, CA 2004
- Toggle 7 DOT Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation, Chautauqua Airlines, Inc., Mesa Airlines, Inc., Republic Airline, Inc., Shuttle America Corp., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., and Trans States Airlines, Inc. - Statement of Authorization - Chicago/DC-Other U.S. Points 2004
- Toggle 4 DOT Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - Exemption - Cancun/Mexico City-Boston 2003
- Toggle 4 DOT Compania Mexicana de Aviacion, S.A. de C.V. and Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - Hermosillo, Mexico-Las Vegas, Nevada 2003
- Toggle 4 DOT Aerolineas Baleares - Exemption - Certain Domestic-Spain Segments of US Airways' and Spanair's U.S.-Originating and U.S.-Destined Scheduled Code-Share Flights 2003
- Toggle 4 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.p.A., Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Inc., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Societe Air France - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2004
- Toggle 4 DOT Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. and Delta Air Lines, Inc. - Exemptions/Statement of Authorization - Mexico City-Ft. Lauderdale; Monterrey-Orlando 2003
- Toggle 4 DOT AvWorld FliteMatrix LLC - Exemption - Public Charters 2004
- Toggle 4 DOT Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - Exemption - Guadalajara-Las Vegas 2003
Advisory Committees2 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Wiley, Rein & Fielding" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee