Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is a Fortune 500 company and a global manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances with its headquarters in Benton Charter Township, Michigan, United States, near Benton Harbor, Michigan. The company has annual revenue of approximately $18.4 billion, more than 70,000 employees, and more than 70 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Gladiator Garage Works, Inglis, Estate, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul, and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$1,169,904 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Whirlpool Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Whirlpool Corp $7,550,000 Maytag Corp $60,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.4040 Consumer Product Safety Modernization Act S.2045 CPSC Reform Act of 2007 H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 S.598 Appliance Standards Improvement Act of 2009 S.598 Respect for Marriage Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 346 dockets; Submitted to 61 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Whirlpool Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Whirlpool Corp
- Toggle 14 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products; Energy Conservation Standards for Three Cleaning Products. Cross reference EERE-2006-BT-GUID-0168 2006
- Toggle 10 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products; Energy Conservation Standards for Refrigerators, Refrigerator-Freezers, and Freezers [62FR23102] (EERE-1993-STD-0051) 2006
- Toggle 9 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products (Clothes Washers) 2006
- Toggle 8 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Test Procedure for Microwave Ovens (Standby and Off Mode) 2008
- Toggle 7 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Procedures for Consideration of New or Revised Energy Conservation Standards for Consumer Products (EE-PI-96-001) 2006
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Test Procedures for Residential Dishwashers, Dehumidifiers, and Conventional Cooking Products (Standby Mode and Off Mode) 2010
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Test Procedure for Microwave Ovens (Active Mode) 2010
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Refrigerators, Refrigerator Freezers and Freezers 2008
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Electric and Gas Ranges and Ovens and Microwave Ovens, Dishwashers, Dehumidifiers, and Commercial Clothes Washers [71FR15059] (EERE-2006-STD-0127) 2006
- Toggle 4 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Whirlpool Corp
- Toggle 36 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products; Energy Conservation Standards for Three Cleaning Products. Cross reference EERE-2006-BT-GUID-0168 2006
- Toggle 18 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Refrigerators, Refrigerator Freezers and Freezers 2008
- Toggle 17 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Test Procedure for Microwave Ovens (Standby and Off Mode) 2008
- Toggle 16 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Electric and Gas Ranges and Ovens and Microwave Ovens, Dishwashers, Dehumidifiers, and Commercial Clothes Washers [71FR15059] (EERE-2006-STD-0127) 2006
- Toggle 14 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment; Public Meeting and Availability of Framework Document for Residential Clothes Dryers and Room Air Conditioners 2007
- Toggle 14 EERE Test Procedure for Residential Refrigerators, Refrigerator-Freezers, and Freezers 2009
- Toggle 12 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 11 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Test Procedure for Residential Clothes Washers 2010
- Toggle 11 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products; Energy Conservation Standards for Refrigerators, Refrigerator-Freezers, and Freezers [62FR23102] (EERE-1993-STD-0051) 2006
- Toggle 11 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Standby Mode and Off Mode for Microwave Ovens 2011
Federal Spending1 grant
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Whirlpool Corporation||2010||Energy, Department Of||TAS::89 0331::TAS RECOVERY, NEW AWARD TO WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION FOR PROJECT ENTITLED "RECOVERY ACT: ADVANCED SEQUENTIAL DUAL EVAPORATOR CYCLE FOR REFR||$2,042,700|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Whirlpool Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee