Westinghouse Electric was an American manufacturing company. It was founded in 1886 as Westinghouse Electric Company and later renamed Westinghouse Electric Corporation by George Westinghouse. The company purchased CBS in 1995 and became CBS Corporation in 1997. George Westinghouse had previously founded the Westinghouse Air Brake Company.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Westinghouse Electric
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Westinghouse Electric $1,140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1280 To amend the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 to require congressional approval of agreements for peaceful nuclear cooperation with foreign countries, and for other purposes. S.512 Nuclear Power 2021 Act H.R.1808 Nuclear Power 2021 Act H.R.1861 Infrastructure Jobs and Energy Independence Act H.R.2054 Energy and Revenue Enrichment Act of 2011 S.109 A bill to amend the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 to require congressional approval of agreements for peaceful nuclear cooperation with foreign countries, and for other purposes. S.1135 Energy and Revenue Enrichment Act of 2011 H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.2072 Securing American Jobs Through Exports Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 65 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Westinghouse Electric" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Westinghouse Electric
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Westinghouse Electric
- Toggle 4 NRC Emergency Onsite Response Capabilities 2012
- Toggle 4 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 NRC Semiannual Regulatory Agenda - Fall 2011 2012
- Toggle 2 NRC Spent Fuel Transportation Risk Assessment 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA NY Regional Haze SIP 2012
- Toggle 2 NRC Proposed Generic Communications; Draft NRC Regulatory Issue Summary 2011-XX; Metal Fatigue Analysis Performed by Computer Software 2011
- Toggle 2 EIB The Export Import Bank has received an application for a long term loan or financial guarantee to support the export of US manufactured nuclear reactor components and US supplied engineering servcies to the United Arab Emirates - AP084728 2012
- Toggle 1 NRC Alternatives to Resolve Generic Safety Issue (GSI) 191 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Biweekly Notice: Applications ane Amendments to Facility Operating Licenses and Combined Licenses Involving No Significant Hazards Considerations 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Westinghouse Electric" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee