Weil, Gotshal & Manges
Weil, Gotshal & Manges is an international law firm headquartered in New York City. It is one of the largest law firms in the world, with approximately 1,200 lawyers and gross annual revenue in excess of $1.7 billion. It has grown to become a top tier law firm whose revenue places it as one of the ten highest earning firms in the world.
Campaign Finance$2,844,163 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Weil, Gotshal & Manges
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Bovis Lend Lease Holdings $1,770,000 Matsushita Electric Corp of America $1,420,000 GI Holdings $770,000 GAF Corp $510,000 Eurodif SA $400,000 USS-Posco Industries $340,000 Panasonic Corp of North America $325,000 Schering-Plough Corp $220,000 Red Star Enterprises Ltd $190,000 Mina Corp $180,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.847 James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010 H.R.847 Kelsey Smith Act H.R.1638 James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act S.1119 James Zadroga Act of 2007 H.R.1201 Freedom and Innovation Revitalizing U.S. Entrepreneurship Act of 2007 S.256 Platform Equality and Remedies for Rights Holders in Music Act of 2007 S.309 Global Warming Pollution Reduction Act H.R.1201 Air Medical Safety Act H.R.4929 S.256 Combat Methamphetamine Enhancement Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Weil, Gotshal & Manges" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Weil, Gotshal & Manges
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- Toggle 4 FDA Patent Extension Application for VNS Therapy System, U.S. Patent No. 5,299,569 2006
- Toggle 3 FAA Notice of Alternative Policy Options for Managing Capacity at LaGuardia Airport and Proposed Extension of the Lottery Allocation - Phase II 2001
- Toggle 1 OSHA ASBESTOS REMAND 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA Request for Rulemaking to Implement the Orphan Drug Act 1989
- Toggle 1 SEC Facilitating Shareholder Director Nominations 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Concept Release on U.S. Proxy System 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT Pan American Airways, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Transportation 1996
- Toggle 1 EPA Integrated Risk Information System Announcement of 2007 Program 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Nylon 12 and Nylon 12/6 Side Seam Cement Formulations 1981
- Toggle 1 DOT Pan American Airways, Inc.- Exemption from 14 C.F.R. Part 201.5 To Advertise, List Schedules, Accept Reservations, Accept Payment and Issue Tickets 1996
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Weil, Gotshal & Manges" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee