Water Environment Research Foundation
The Water Environment Research Foundation ("WERF") is the research branch of the sewage industry's main trade, lobby and public relations organization Water Environment Federation (WEF).
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Water Environment Research Foundation
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Water Environment Research Foundation $40,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
RegulationsMentioned in 109 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Water Environment Research Foundation" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Water Environment Research Foundation
- Toggle 14 EPA Standards for the Use or Disposal of Sewage Sludge; Agency Response to the National Research Council Report on Biosolids Applied to Land and the Results of EPA's Review of Existing Sewage Sludge Regulations 2003
- Toggle 12 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 11 EPA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Identification of Non-Hazardous Secondary Materials That Are Solid Waste 2008
- Toggle 10 EPA Notice of Availability of Draft Criteria and Request for Scientific Views 2011
- Toggle 9 EPA NSPS/Emission Guidelines (EG) for Sewage Sludge Incinerators 2009
- Toggle 9 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit Requirements for Municipal Sanitary Sewer Collection Systems, Municipal Satellite Collection Systems, Sanitary Sewer Overflows, and Peak Wet Weather Discharges from Publicly Owned Treatment Plants Serving Separate Sanitary Sewer Collection Systems 2010
- Toggle 9 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 8 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Estuaries and Coastal Waters 2010
- Toggle 6 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 6 EPA National Primary Drinking Water Regulations: Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule. 2002
Water Environment Research Foundation:
Water Environment Research Foundation
|2010||$1,700,000||Water Environment Research Foundation: Water Research Foundation|
Federal Spending6 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Water Environment Research Foundation||2009||Environmental Protection Agency||THE GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THIS RESEARCH EFFORT IS TO PRODUCE, EVALUATE, AND SUMMARIZE PERFORMANCE, COST, AND VALUE DATA AND INFORMATION ABOUT INNOVAT||$2,500,000|
|Water Environment Research Foundation||2012||Environmental Protection Agency||The general objective of this research effort is to produce, evaluate, and summarize performance, cost, and value data and information about innovati||$2,100,000|
|Water Environment Research Foundation||2009||Environmental Protection Agency||CONDUCT A NUMBER OF RESEARCH PROJECTS ON VARIOUS TOPICS CONCERNING WATER QUALITY WITH A COMMITMENT TO ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION, ECONOMIC CONSERVANCY||$2,015,000|
|Water Environment Research Foundation||2011||Environmental Protection Agency||This effort provides the mechanism to conduct a number of research projects on various topics concerning water quality with a commitment to environme||$1,950,000|
|Water Environment Research Foundation||2010||Environmental Protection Agency||This effort provides the mechanism to conduct a number of research projects on various topics concerning water quality with a commitment to environme||$1,950,000|
|Water Environment Research Foundation||2011||Environmental Protection Agency||The general objective of this research effort is to produce evaluate and summarize performance cost and value data and information about innovati||$1,500,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Water Environment Research Foundation" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 2 committees