Waste Management Inc
Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE: WM) is a waste management, comprehensive waste, and environmental services company in North America. The company is headquartered in Suite 4000 at the First City Tower in Downtown Houston, Texas, in the United States.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Waste Management Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Waste Management Inc $1,520,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.1391 RCCRA Act of 2011 S.1392 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 H.R.2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 S.1813 MAP-21 S.2146 Clean Energy Standard Act of 2012 S.2322 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.66 Waste-to-Energy Technology Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 1012 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Waste Management Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Waste Management Inc
- Toggle 3 DEA Disposal of Controlled Substances 2012
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Safety of Gas Transmission Pipelines 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Safety of Nanomaterials in Cosmetic Products; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Summary of Benefits and Coverage and Uniform Glossary 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Waste Management Inc
- Toggle 151 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 100 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 66 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 58 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 52 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 48 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 47 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 43 EPA EPA's Role and Responsibilities in Measuring Sustainable Management of Materials and Municipal Solid Waste (MSW), Recycling, and Source Reduction in the U.S. 2011
- Toggle 43 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 41 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) Reporting Rule 2011
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Waste Management Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 3 people on 3 committees