Waste Management Inc
Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE: WM) is a waste management, comprehensive waste, and environmental services company in North America. The company is headquartered in Suite 4000 at the First City Tower in Downtown Houston, Texas, in the United States.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Waste Management Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Waste Management Inc $1,770,000 Wheelabrator Technologies $90,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Trucking & Shipping
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.5581 S.949 21st Century Energy Technology Deployment Act S.306 Biogas Production Incentive Act of 2009 H.R.1158 Biogas Production Incentive Act of 2009 H.R.4994 Medicare and Medicaid Extenders Act of 2010 H.R.425 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.938 White House Conference on Children and Youth in 2010 Act S.1397 Electronic Device Recycling Research and Development Act
RegulationsMentioned in 1006 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Waste Management Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Waste Management Inc
- Toggle 4 DEA Procedures for the Surrender of Unwanted Controlled Substances by Ultimate Users; Notice of Meeting 2010
- Toggle 3 DEA Disposal of Controlled Substances by Persons Not Registered With the Drug Enforcement Administration 2009
- Toggle 1 NRC Notice of Public Workshop on a Potential Rulemaking for Safe Disposal of Unique Waste Streams Including Significant Quantities of Depleted Uranium 2009
- Toggle 1 USCG Notice of Availability of Final Environmental Impact Statement for the Goethals Bridge Replacement Project 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Waste Management Inc
- Toggle 12398 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 411 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 148 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 137 EPA Revisions to the Definition of Solid Waste 2010
- Toggle 112 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 81 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 69 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Estuaries and Coastal Waters 2010
- Toggle 68 EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles 2010
- Toggle 64 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 61 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Cooper Drum Superfund Site Uao For Rd/Ra||Waste Management, Inc. (+42 others)||2009||South Gate, Ca||$9,066,848|
|Carls Tire Retreading Site||Waste Management, Inc (+12 others)||2009||Acme, Mi||$3,587,841|
Advisory Committees5 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Waste Management Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 4 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee