Washington Mutual, Inc. (Pink Sheets: WAMUQ), abbreviated to WaMu, was a savings bank holding company and the former owner of Washington Mutual Bank, which was the United States' largest savings and loan association until its collapse in 2008.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 22, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Washington Mutual
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Washington Mutual $1,860,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 H.R.1427 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2007 H.R.5546 Credit Card Fair Fee Act of 2008 S.2636 Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2008. H.R.873 Credit Card Payment Fee Act of 2007 H.R.1066 Depository Institution Community Development Investments Enhancement Act H.R.1461 Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2007 H.R.1510 Credit Card Repayment Act of 2007 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.2146 Universal Default Prohibition Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 32 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Washington Mutual" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Washington Mutual
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Washington Mutual
- Toggle 16 HUD FR-5180-P-01 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA): Proposed Rule To Simplify and Improve the Process of Obtaining Mortgages and Reduce Consumer Settlement Costs 2008
- Toggle 5 OTS Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices 2008
- Toggle 4 TREAS Development of a Guarantee Program for Troubled Assets 2008
- Toggle 3 FMCSA SSC - In the Matter of Accent Movers, Inc. - Field Administrator's Consent ot Request for Hearing 2007
- Toggle 2 ETA Trade Adjustment Act Notices September 22, 2006 to November 30, 2006 2007
- Toggle 2 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007
- Toggle 2 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 1 DOT Small Community Air Service Development Grants 2007
- Toggle 1 OTS Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices 2007
- Toggle 1 NIH Meetings: Scientific Review Center 2007