Walgreen Co. (NYSE: WAG), d/b/a Walgreens (without an apostrophe), is the largest drugstore chain in the United States. The company operates 7,600 drugstores across all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Walgreens provides access to consumer goods and services and pharmacy, health and wellness services in America through its retail drugstores, Walgreens Health Services division and Walgreens Health and Wellness division. Walgreens Health Services offers pharmacy patients and prescription drug and medical plans through Walgreens Health Initiatives Inc. (a pharmacy benefit manager), Walgreens Mail Service Inc., Walgreens Home Care Inc., Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy LLC and SeniorMed LLC (a pharmacy provider to long-term care facilities). Walgreens Health and Wellness division includes Take Care Health Systems. Walgreens has 7,600 drugstores as of September 30, 2010. Walgreens was founded in Chicago, Illinois in 1901, and has since expanded throughout the United States. Its headquarters is located in the nearby suburb of Deerfield, Illinois.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Walgreen Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Walgreen Co $4,810,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Law Enforcement & Crime
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.274 Medication Therapy Management Empowerment Act of 2011 S.425 National Neurological Diseases Surveillance System Act of 2011 H.R.891 Medication Therapy Management Benefits Act of 2011 H.R.1971 Pharmacy Competition and Consumer Choice Act of 2011 H.R.1936 Medicare Access to Diabetes Supplies Act of 2011 H.R.2195 Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Coverage Act of 2011 H.R.3026 Safeguarding America's Pharmaceuticals Act of 2011 S.1203 Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Coverage Act of 2011 H.R.605 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act S.312 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act
RegulationsMentioned in 41 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Walgreen Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Walgreen Co
- Toggle 1 DEA Schedules of Controlled Substances: Placement of Lorcaserin into Schedule IV 2012
- Toggle 1 ITA Non-Market Economy Antidumping Proceedings: Assessment of Antidumping Duties 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulate Labeling of Opioid Analgesics 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Quality Considerations in Demonstrating Biosimilarity to a Reference Protein Product 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Walgreen Co
- Toggle 13 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 8 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 8 FDA 30-Day Structure Function Claim Notification Letters Dietary_2012 re FDA-1997-S-0039 2012
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicaid Program; Covered Outpatient Drugs (CMS-2345-P) 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA State of Tennessee; Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program Primacy 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Proposed Changes to the Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs for Contract Year 2013 and Other Proposed Changes; Considering Changes to the Conditions of Participation for Long Term Care Facilities 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Changes to the Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program 2011