Wake Forest University
Campaign Finance$825,636 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Wake Forest University
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Wake Forest University Health Sciences $3,840,000 Wake Forest University $3,630,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.1326 Great Ape Protection Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 213 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Wake Forest University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Wake Forest University
- Toggle 2 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Dermatologic and Ophthalmic Drugs Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2011
- Toggle 1 NIH Amendment of Regulations on the Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for which Public Health Service Funding is Sought and Responsible Prospective Contractors; Request for Comment 2008
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Infectious Substances 1993
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 NIH Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for Which Public Health Service Funding is Sought and Responsible Prospective Contractors 2010
- Toggle 1 NIH Public Meeting on Expansion of the Clinical Trial Registry and Results Data Bank 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Questions and Answers Regarding Implementation of the Menu Labeling Provisions of Section 4205 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010; Availability 2010
- Toggle 1 APHIS Shift Cage Requirements 2005
- Toggle 1 HHS HHS Public Meeting Regarding Application of Regulatory Requirements at 45 CFR Part 46 to Research Studying Standard of Care Interventions 2013
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Wake Forest University
- Toggle 22 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 15 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2006 2010
- Toggle 9 EPA Methylcyclopentadienyl Manganese Tricarbonyl (MMT) Alternative Tier 2 Health Effects Test Program 2004
- Toggle 7 FDA Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Regulations on the Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products and Required Warning Statements for Tobacco Products 2014
- Toggle 6 FWS 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List All Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) as Endagered 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA Pesticides: Agricultural Worker Protection Standard Revisions 2011
- Toggle 4 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 3 HHS HHS Public Meeting Regarding Application of Regulatory Requirements at 45 CFR Part 46 to Research Studying Standard of Care Interventions 2013
Federal Spending48 grants; 44 contracts; 150 loans
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Wake Forest University||2011||National Institutes Of Health||ACTION TO CONTROL CARDIOVASCULAR RISK IN DIABETES FOLLOW-ON (ACCORDION) STUDY- COORDINATING CENTER||$13,250,149|
|Wake Forest University||2010||Centers For Disease Control||TAS::75 0943::TAS 00HCUCGB-2010-88323 - SURV NAT HISTORY AND QOC COOR CNTR||$10,994,724|
|Wake Forest University||2010||Education, Department Of||2010-2011 DL BASE RECORD||$9,848,912|
|Wake Forest University||2011||Education, Department Of||2010-2011 DL BASE RECORD||$9,848,912|
|Wake Forest University||2012||Education, Department Of||DL BASE RECORD 2012-2013||$9,821,191|
|Wake Forest University||2010||Education, Department Of||2010-2011 DL BASE RECORD||$8,500,000|
|Wake Forest University||2008||Dept Of The Army||ARMED FORCES INSTITUTE OF REGENERATIVE MEDICINE||$7,500,000|
|Wake Forest University||2009||Dept Of The Army||REGENERATIVE MEDICINE||$7,231,000|
|Wake Forest University||2010||Education, Department Of||2010-2011 DL BASE RECORD||$7,200,000|
|Wake Forest University||2012||National Institutes Of Health||OTHER FUNCTIONS - R&D, ACTION TO CONTROL CARDOVASCULAR RISK IN DIABETES FOLLOW-ON (ACCORDION) STUDY - COORDINATING CENTER||$6,860,712|
Advisory Committees229 people on 115 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Wake Forest University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 142 people on 62 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 74 people on 44 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 9 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee