Wachovia, a subsidiary of Wells Fargo, is a diversified financial services company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Before its acquisition by Wells Fargo, Wachovia was the fourth-largest bank holding company in the United States based on total assets. The purchase of Wachovia Corp by Wells Fargo and Company was completed on December 31, 2008. Wells Fargo acquired Wachovia after a government-forced sale to avoid a failure of Wachovia.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's February 15, 2007 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Wachovia Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Wachovia Corp $3,141,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Small Business,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 H.R.2075 New Markets Tax Credit Extension Act of 2007 S.1239 New Markets Tax Credit Extension Act of 2007 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.2452 Home Ownership Preservation and Protection Act of 2007 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.2242 Heartland, Habitat, Harvest, and Horticulture Act of 2007 S.1642 Higher Education Amendments of 2007 H.R.2669 College Cost Reduction Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 51 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Wachovia Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Wachovia Corp
- Toggle 1 OTS Information Request to Respond to a Proposal to Convert from the Thrift Financial Report (TFR) to the Call Report 2007
- Toggle 1 OTS Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices 2008
- Toggle 1 OCC Interagency Proposal for Model Privacy Notice under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act 2007
- Toggle 1 OCC Procedures to Enhance the Accuracy and Integrity of Information Furnished to Consumer Reporting Agencies under Section 312 of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 2007
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Review Amendments 2007
- Toggle 1 TSA Large Aircraft Security Program, Other Aircraft Operator Security Program, and Airport Operator Security Program 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Wachovia Corp
- Toggle 8 ETA Trade Adjustment Act Notices September 22, 2006 to November 30, 2006 2007
- Toggle 7 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007
- Toggle 4 HUD FR-5180-P-01 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA): Proposed Rule To Simplify and Improve the Process of Obtaining Mortgages and Reduce Consumer Settlement Costs 2008
- Toggle 2 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 2 DOT 2007/2008 U.S.-Colombia Combination Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 2 OCC Regulatory Review Amendments 2007
- Toggle 2 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: Chicago Board Options Exchange, Inc. 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Emergency Order Pursuant to Section 12(k)(2) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 Taking Temporary Action to Respond to Market Developments 2008