Vorys, Sater et al
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is a large U.S. law firm and lobbying group based in Columbus, Ohio. It is the largest law firm based in Columbus and the fifth largest in the State of Ohio. In 2008, the National Law Journal ranked the firm the 121st largest in the United States. The firm also ranked 122nd in profit per attorney on the 2007 AmLaw 200 survey.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Vorys, Sater et al
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Ohio Oil & Gas Assn $150,000 National Parks Conservation Assn $115,000 USEC Inc $15,000 Limited Brands $10,000 Kids Come First $10,000 Ohio Northern University $0 Grange Insurance $0 Ohio Dominican University $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Foreign Relations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2471 To amend section 2710 of title 18, United States Code, to clarify that a video tape service provider may obtain a consumer's informed, written consent on an ongoing basis and that consent may be obtained through the Internet. H.R.2471 Uranium Enrichment Decontamination and Decommissioning Fund Reauthorization Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Vorys, Sater et al" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Vorys, Sater et al
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Vorys, Sater et al
- Toggle 3 HUD FR–5623–N–02 Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Healthcare Facility Documents: Revisions and Updates and Notice of Information Collection; 30-Day Notice 2012
- Toggle 1 Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Maize Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 1 ITA Proposed Modification to Regulation Concerning the Revocation of Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Orders: 2011
- Toggle 1 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Eastern Small-footed Bat and Northern Long-eared Bat 2011
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5465 P–01 Federal Housing Administration: Section 232 Healthcare Facility Insurance Program-Strengthening Accountability and Regulatory Revisions Update 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA Oil and Gas Stakeholder Meeting 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011