Vorys, Sater et al
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is a large U.S. law firm and lobbying group based in Columbus, Ohio. It is the largest law firm based in Columbus and the fifth largest in the State of Ohio. In 2008, the National Law Journal ranked the firm the 121st largest in the United States. The firm also ranked 122nd in profit per attorney on the 2007 AmLaw 200 survey.
Campaign Finance$3,349,311 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Vorys, Sater et al
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Pernod Ricard $820,000 Ohio Northern University $560,000 National Parks Conservation Assn $400,000 Ohio Oil & Gas Assn $315,000 Ashtabula River Cooperation Group $270,000 Assn of Bank Couriers $220,000 Solvay Pharmaceuticals $180,000 Minute Men Staffing $160,000 Biomass Group $140,000 Kiva Dunes Mater Owners/Homeowners/Condo $140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Foreign Relations,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2643 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.2641 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.CON.RES.85 S.CON.RES.13 H.R.2764 Executive Office of the President Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.5386 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.5427 Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 2007 S.1436 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.R.3043 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 62 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Vorys, Sater et al" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Vorys, Sater et al
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Gas Gathering Line Definition 1998
- Toggle 2 OSHA AIR CONTAMINANTS 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA Oil and Gas Stakeholder Meeting 2012
- Toggle 1 ITA Proposed Modification to Regulation Concerning the Revocation of Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Orders: 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Eastern Small-footed Bat and Northern Long-eared Bat 2011
- Toggle 1 Buy America Policy for Manufactured Products 2013
- Toggle 1 Request for Comments and Notice of Public Hearing Concerning China's Compliance with WTO Commitments 2013
- Toggle 1 ITA Antidumping Proceedings: Calculation of the Weighted Average Dumping Margin and Assessment Rate in Certain Antidumping Duty Proceedings 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Vorys, Sater et al
- Toggle 7 PHMSA Gas Gathering Line Definition 1998
- Toggle 7 OSHA AIR CONTAMINANTS 2006
- Toggle 5 EPA Oil Pollution Prevention; Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Rule Requirements - Amendments 2007
- Toggle 4 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 3 OSHA LEAD 2006
- Toggle 3 EPA NESHAP for Existing Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2008
- Toggle 3 FMCSA MSC - In the Matter of Meijer Logistics LLC - Request for Administrative Review 2007
- Toggle 3 HUD FR–5623–N–02 Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Healthcare Facility Documents: Revisions and Updates and Notice of Information Collection; 30-Day Notice 2012
- Toggle 3 OSHA AIR CONTAMINANTS 2006
- Toggle 2 EPA Protection of Stratosphere Ozone; Sales Restrictions on Pre-charged Split Systems. 2002